Expert Sump Pump Repair and Replacement in Gaithersburg
You probably don’t think about your sump pump until there’s a downpour. Then you expect it’s working properly so your Gaithersburg basement doesn’t take on water.
Sump pumps can cease draining for several various reasons.
We’ve handled it all. If your pump isn’t running like it should, contact the Experts at Parker Pearce Service Experts to determine the problem.
We’ll inspect your pump during our visit and give you preventive maintenance advice, so it won’t stop when you need it most.
Common Causes of Sump Pump Failure
Sump pumps can quit running for several different reasons:
- Power interruption
- Insufficient maintenance
- Undersized unit
- Incorrect installation
- Switch trouble
- Frosted over or plugged discharge lines
- Age (average pump lasts 10 years)
Sump Pump Maintenance Checklist
There are a few simple things you can do to ensure your sump pump is primed for efficiency.
- Check that the cord is in good shape.
- Plug it into a GFCI outlet in the event of power surges.
- Verify the pump is vertical and not leaning to one side, since this can cause the pump to not turn on when required.
- If the pump hasn’t recently run, drop a bucket of water into the pit to make sure the pump starts and removes the water efficiently.
- During drought-like weather, remove the sump pump and clean the grate on the bottom since it can get small stones in the grate over time.
- Make sure the discharge pipe’s vent hole is clear.
Trust Parker Pearce Service Experts for Your Sump Pump Needs
Because your sump pump is a method of insurance to defend your home from water damage, look to the professionals at Parker Pearce Service Experts to confirm yours is taking care of business.
We’ve got the expertise—whether you need sump pump repair or sump pump replacement. Plus, all of our services are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Give us a call at 301-476-4577 or book an appointment online.